A refreshing salad that is simple, flavorful, and filling.
This nutritious super grain recipe is elevated with fresh flavors of lemon, mint, garlic and green onion. It comes to us from Marti of Tofu ’n Sprouts and is a perfect addition to any Meatless Monday meal!
- 1 cup quinoa*, rinsed and cooked according to package directions
- 3 green onions, sliced with tough ends removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed in a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Salt and lemon-pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- After quinoa has finished cooking, remove from heat and cool on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cooked and cooled quinoa, green onions, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Stir until combined. Season with mint, salt and lemon-pepper. Mix well.
- Top the salad with the chopped almonds. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 191 (39%) Amount Per Serving %DV Total Fat 21.3g 32% Saturated Fat 2.4g 11% Monounsaturated Fat 7.5g Polyunsaturated Fat 9.7g Trans Fat 0.0g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 24mg 1% Potassium 810mg 23% Total Carbohydrate 64.1g 21% Dietary Fiber 7.2g 28% Sugars 1.1g Protein 14.2g 28%
*Quinoa is a heart-healthy grain as well as a complete protein. It can be found in the grain section of most grocery stores. Feel free to substitute brown rice if you can’t find quinoa.