Brew Babies Bistro shares a super-lean yet flavorful salmon tartare recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious recipe that will kick-start your new year, this salmon tartar is it. In this recipe great Latin flavors like lime and cilantro take center stage. But it also includes some of the best and tastiest sources of healthy fats and omega-3 fatty acids; the avocado alone contributes nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. Full of natural, flavorful, and wholesome ingredients, this salmon tartare is a sure way to meet all of your new year’s eating goals.
- Two pounds of fresh salmon
- 3 Limes
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Hass Avocados, diced
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tomato
- Boston bib lettuce
- Cut the salmon into half-inch dice and marinate in lime juice for one hour.
- After the hour is up, strain off any remaining fluid.
- In a large bowl toss together the diced salmon, avocado, cilantro, olive oil, garlic and sugar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a Boston bib lettuce cup garnished with more diced tomato and topped with fresh scallions.
Don’t want to make it?
Check out Brew Babies Bistro
1520 Lafayette Street, Cape Coral
For more info, call 542-2224 or visit www.mybrewbabies.com