These Paleo Chocolate-Filled Thumbprints cookies are a perfect grain-free option for your holiday cookie tray. The creamy dark chocolate center makes it hard to believe these treats are actually not-so-awful for you!
Paleo Chocolate-Filled Thumbprints, yields 24 cookies
Recipe courtesy of Stefanie Herrera, co-founder of Pure Food Co.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, organic
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, organic
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt.
- Blend all ingredients with a hand mixer until batter is fully mixed.
- Form balls of dough, about the size of a tablespoon, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Melt semi sweet chocolate chips over low heat in a small pot.
- Press thumb into center of the dough balls.
- Fill the center with the melted chocolate.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes.