Impress your honey with a delicious and healthy Valentine’s Day dinner for two!
While many may associate candy and chocolates with romance , there is no need to derail an otherwise healthy diet to show that you care. Chris De Luca, chef and owner of Clean and Healthy Cooking, in Naples, shares simple and healthy recipes perfect for your Valentine’s Day date night!
Salmon with Soy-Free Teriyaki and Organic Brown Basmati Rice, Serves 2
- 1 cup – coconut aminos
- ¾ cup – raw honey
- ½ cup – pineapple juice
- 1 TBS – chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp – chopped garlic
- ¼ cup – sesame oil
- 1 tsp – arrow root
- 1 tsp – water
- Preheat medium saucepan on medium.
- Add sesame oil, allow to heat for 10 seconds.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add pineapple juice, coconut aminos, and simmer for 5 minutes on medium / low heat.
- Add honey and stir well.
- In separate small bowl, combine arrow root and water, stir well to make a slurry.
- Bring aminos to medium boil, stir in arrow root and water to thicken.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, then cool.
Quinoa and Cucumber Salad Ingredients, Serves 2
- 1 cup – white quinoa
- 1 ¾ cup – water
- 1 – seedless cucumber
- 1 – green bell pepper
- ½ cup – grape seed oil
- ¼ cup – rice vinegar
- 1 TBS – lemon juice
- ¼ cup – chiffonaded basil (fine cut ribbon)
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Combine quinoa and water in medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Simmer quinoa for 15 min or until cooked, remove from heat and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Strain quinoa well, allow to cool.
- Dice cucumber into ¼ inch dice, and green pepper into 1/8 inch dice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooled quinoa, cucumber, peppers, and remaining ingredients.
- Mix well, season with salt and pepper to taste.
The Perfect Margarita, Makes 2 Cocktails
- 4 TBS – kosher salt
- 2- lime wedges
- 6 oz – white tequila
- 2 oz – triple sec or Grand Marnier
- 2 oz – lime juice
- 2 cups- crushed ice
- 1/2 cup – fresh or frozen raspberries or strawberries
- Pour salt onto a coffee cup saucer. Set aside.
- Rub rim of margarita glass with lime wedge.
- Dip top of glass into salt to coat the outside rim.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender, blend well.
- Add in fresh or frozen raspberries or strawberries, and blend. (Optional)
- Pour margarita into glass.