Welcome to Fit Nation’s Daily Dish! We’ve been stocking up on healthy recipes from the best chefs, nutritionists and foodies from around the country and we’re here to share the very best with you! We’ve had health experts analyze each one to make sure it boasts nutritional excellence. Each of these dishes is jam packed with the kind of energy boosting vitamins that will keep you running all day long. So get cooking (or meal-prepping), and share your pictures of your finished culinary creations with us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook by using #FNDailyDish.
“Most nutrition bars are nothing more than vitamin infused candy bars but this one actually earned its name. Full of all-natural ingredients, not only does it have tons of heart healthy and brain-boosting fats and omega-3s, it contains more fiber rich ingredients than you can ask for. Mixed all together this dream bar will help keep your blood sugars stable and belly satisfied until your next meal time,” says Lisa Moskovitz RD, CDN.
- 1 pitted avocado
- 3 tablespoons sunflower butter (substitute almond butter if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Mash wet ingredients together until combined (mix avocado, sunflower butter, and agave nectar).
- Mix dry ingredients together until combined (cashews, pistachios, chia seeds, oats, and dried blueberries).
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the mixture holds together.
- Press into a lightly oiled 8×8 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F, or until browned. Cool and cut into 16 2-inch squares, or 8 4-inch squares.