Use leftover turkey or ham to create a protein packed, grab-and-go breakfast casserole!
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups chopped spinach, wilted
- whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, 4 slices
- 1 cup diced ham or turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch glass baking dish or a 2-quart casserole.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl.
- Add mustard, rosemary and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Add the spinach, bread, ham/turkey and red peppers in a large bowl.
- Add the egg mixture.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake until the it has set, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Uncover, and sprinkle with cheese then continue baking until puffed and golden on top, approx 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe makes 1 casserole.