These bite-sized treats have the flavor of coconut and vanilla. If you like Larabar’s you are sure to love these no-bake, antioxidant-rich date energy balls.
Date Energy Balls, yields 24
Recipe courtesy of Deb Orringer
- 2 cups of almonds
- 1 cup shred unsweetened coconut
- 2 cup medjool dates,pitted
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In large food processor (I used my vitamix) process the nuts and coconut until crumbly.
- Add dates, vanilla, sea salt until a sticky uniform batter is formed.
- Scooped mixture out and rolled into balls.
- Rolled balls in coconut and then put them in freezer to harden for an hour.