These easy-to-make truffles combine the natural sweetness of unrefined sugar and dates with rich pecans and loads of fresh mint.
Carob Mint Truffles, yields 20 small truffles
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup deseeded fresh Medjool dates, halved
- ¼ cup raw organic carob powder
- ¼ to 3/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Alter Eco Mascobado unrefined cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 30 to 40 fresh mint leaves
- Place nuts in food processor and grind to a chunky consistency, being careful not to over blend. Add remaining ingredients and blend to fully incorporate.
- Using hands, roll mixture into small truffles, roughly 1 inch in diameter.
- Place truffles in a freezer for about 1 hour or refrigerate until they harden. Remove and enjoy!